2 June 2013

Tales of Symphonia: Unisonant Pack

tos_hd_2

Now this was unexpected news to me. Unexpected, but happy!

I guess after SQEX's running about, throwing out HD remasters of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X, Namco wanted in on the action.

They bring us Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World, bundled for the PS3!
When I first started reading I thought "this is probably going to be for the wii..." (I have neither a cube nor a wii and thought that I was going to be suffed of these titles once again (I do have the ps2 version of ToS tough)).

Japan will be getting the games the 10th of October and it's headed to the US and Europe at the beginning of next year. No date set yet.

I know it's stupid to be hopeful but I really want them to include the original Japanese voice track for both games. Please, surprise us for once! A re-translation and dumping of silly censorship would be nice too but since the translation goes through the US... yeah, that's not going to happen. The incompetent thieves will forever be doomed to drink "lemonade". OK to be fair ToP was censured too when released in Europe, Arche's dream was less obvious and they made it an all-you-can-EAT instead of an all-yo-can-DRINK. So yeah, probably not getting an accurate translation no matter what country does it (they even butchered their names for no apparent reason!)... The dub was horrible too... Not even the US Tales dubs are that bad... I wish they would invest as much in voice actors for Tales as they do for FF. Sure, they're a little better than when they did ToE but that's not enough in my book. Even Yuna and Tidus' laughing scene is better than the Tales dubs. (Fine the laughing scene is horrible in Japanese too, although probably meant to be horrible and thus the English dub was spot on)
I feel like I've gotten off topic here...

Looking forward to the HD PS3 release!

There will be new outfits and probably more goodies to be announced later on :D

Thank you Baba for bringing us this happy piece of news <3


Source: abyssalchronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment